Temple Emanuel was established in 1951 by a group of Jewish families seeking to bring the beauty and spirit of Reform Judaism to Pittsburgh’s South Hills. At it’s current location on Bower Hill Road in Mt. Lebanon since 1954, Temple Emanuel offers opportunities for worship, education and community.
The 40,000-square-foot building hosts Torah Center, one of greater Pittsburgh’s largest synagogue religious schools, the Early Childhood Development Center enjoys a supurb reputation both in the Jewish and general community. Adult education, social action, cultural, youth and social programs fill Temple Emanuel’s calendar.
Most importantly, Temple Emanuel is a spiritual home celebrating Shabbat, the holidays and the sacred moments of congregants’ lives.
1250 Bower Hill Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15243
Rabbis: Rabbi Mark Mahler, Rabbi Jessica Locketz
Executive Director: Leslie Hoffman