South Hills Jewish Pittsburgh is an initiative of the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh. The Vision of the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh is to have a thriving, vibrant, and engaged Jewish Community. In order to accomplish this we raise and allocate funds and build community locally, in Israel, and around the world.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh will be able to provide the most benefit to our community only if we are true to the following core values:
- We are guided by the teachings of Torah including; tikkun olam (repairing the world), tzedakah (justice), chesed (kindness) and k’lal Yisrael (peoplehood).
- We aim to sustain and meaningfully grow Jewish identity, leadership and involvement in our community.
- Our work will be carried out within the context of cooperation and inclusiveness.
- We recognize the importance of working in concert with others.
- We recognize the human dignity of every individual in the community.
- We care about building a strong community with purpose and involvement.
- We will establish priorities to accomplish our vision and mission.
- We value the beliefs and opinions of all members of our community.
Jeff Finkelstein, President/CEO, 412-992-5260
Milo Averbach, Chief Financial Officer, 412-992-5244
Deborah Baron, Chief Operating Officer, 412-992-5236
Daniel Brandeis, Director of Financial Resource Development / Foundation Director, 412-992-5220
Brian Eglash, Senior Vice President, Financial Resource Development, 412-992-5240
Adam Hertzman, Director, Marketing Communication, 412-992-5225
Becca Hurowitz, Women’s Philanthropy Director, 412-992-5226
Sue Linzer, Director of Overseas Operations and Associate Director of Planning, 412-992-5239
Emily Richman, Senior Manager, Campaign, 412-992-5217
Gregg Roman, Community Relations Council Director, 412-992-5234
For information on the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh, visit their website.